So, we spontaneously went to COLORADO! It was really fun to just go on a trip to somewhere we have never been. Everything was going great and we were making good time until all of the sudden the freeway was closed! We are in Colorado in this canyon and then the freeway was totally closed and we couldn’t get through. We were only 2 hours away from our hotel. It was 9pm by this point and we didn’t know what to do. We had never heard of a whole freeway being shut down before with no detour option. We were determined to find a way to our destination. Thank goodness for navigation systems! We found this tiny side road and went for another adventure. It was a narrow canyon and it was snowing like crazy. We were wide-awake at this point – scared for our lives. Finally 5 hours later we arrived at our hotel at 3am.
We went to the Dave Ramsey financial event and it was really good! Then we had a fun date night, which is always fun. It was a great weekend and nice to get away. I think I am going to try and implement more weekend trips into our lives.
2 comments:
I love little trips too. They are always so appreciated even if it's only a weekend.
I love the spontaneous trip- and it sounds like it was pretty interesting. When do you guys take off for the Bahamas (SOOO jealous!!) and how is your townhouse coming? By the way...we love Dave Ramsey too!
Post a Comment