Thursday, March 11, 2010

8 Weeks!

8 weeks, 55 days, 10 hours, and 37 minutes until May 6th. Why is this date so important to me? I will tell you. On May 6th I am going to wake up and get on an airplane and fly to...


GERMANY!!!

Yes, it is true! For our 4 year anniversary we are going to Germany. I have wanted to go there since 8th grade and now 10 years later, I am finally going! Why Germany? Well, I started taking German in 8th grade and took classes on and off until my sophomore year in college. Curt and I met at a German Christmas Party at UVU and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be married to the love of my life. For some weird reason, I have always been sort of drawn towards the German language, and I believe it was because I was meant to meet my husband. I don't even have any German ancestors or any German in me what so ever. My husband on the other hand has had the German culture in his life since he was born and is half German. His grandparents on his dad's side were both German and came over to America with their 4 young boys, lederhosen and all. He grew up with grandparents who spoke half German/half English to him and a grandma who cooked amazing German meals. Then he got called to serve in the Berlin Germany mission and fell even more in love with the food and culture. It has been 5 years since he came home from his mission and he is so excited to go back. He can't stop talking about the food haha!

We are going for 2 weeks and will be on a tour. We are travleing all around Germany and it is going to be amazing! The picture below shows our tour.



I am counting down the days until we can finally go. We have wanted to go to Germany our whole marriage, and I feel so blessed that we are now able to go. I am trying to get Curt to speak to me in German more, so I can get ready and brush up on my German skills. I can't wait to sprechen die Duetsch!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

how fun!! That will be such an amazing trip and I am already looking forward to seeing your pictures~!

Sean and Alison said...

I am SO excited for you!!! I am so glad you are finally able to go! Yay!!

KCraig said...

How exciting! I'm sure you are going to have a blast. A perfect trip for your anniversary. Take lots of pictures.

Rach said...

I didn't know your interest in German has been life long, and I am sure you were drawn to it for Curt. That's a great story! I know you guys will have a great time, and brush up on that German - what a difficult language!

Anbre said...

Wow- that's great! What a fun trip for the both of you. I can't wait to see and hear all about it.