Yep, I ran a half marathon on Saturday, 13.1 miles. Am I crazy? Maybe. Here is my story: I ran a 10K and loved it, so thought why not do a half marathon. I signed up for it and had 5 weeks to train. The first week of training went well and at that point I had run as far as 8 miles. The second week I was sick, but thought well I still have 3 weeks, I can do it. The third week I was also sick. And you guessed it, the fourth and fifth week I was sick too. During this time I was all bummed out, knowing that my race was getting closer and closer. Two days before my race I was feeling good. I talked to Curt about what I should do and if I should run on Saturday or not. We decided that I should do it, even if I have to walk. Plus I paid $40 to do it! Never mind that I hadn't ran for 4 weeks and had never run farther than 8 miles, I was going to do what I paid to do. So I woke up on Saturday and ran 13.1 miles.
The pic below is blurry, I guess I was just running too fast for the camera. j/k :) It felt so good to see Curt close to the finish line. Seeing him gave me a little boost at the end.
Me with my prize...watermelon...yum!
I am so glad I ran this race. It was fun, yep you heard me, fun. It felt so good to finish and accomplish something like that. I was so proud of myself for being able to run the whole time and getting a better time than I wanted, even better than the time I had planned on getting with training. Sorry if I am bragging, but man was I excited! To come around that corner knowing I had run 13.1 miles and to see the time clock a lot lower than I thought was a pretty good feeling.
Also, another shout out to my wonderful husband. Thank you so much for supporting me in doing this, for waking up at 4am on a Saturday, driving me to my race, and waiting for me to finish. I love you Curt!
Jazz Game w/ Mom!
6 years ago
5 comments:
WooHoo! Mouse that is awesome! I am sorry you were sick, that is no good...but cripes! You did it anyway! I am so happy for you! When are you doing the full marathon now :P ?
way to go girl!!! i want to do one soon too! thanks for the inspiration ;)
way to go girl! i want to do one too! thankss for the inspiration ;)
I am so proud of you Larissa!!! Awesome!!
Way to go Mousie!
Post a Comment